Viking Goddess of Winter
Viking Goddess of Winter
This model is limited to five pieces and combines black damascus steel with red gold and glacier-blue luminous Mother of Pearl to illustrate the landscape ruled by Skadi – the Winter Goddess in Norse Mythology. Skadi is pronounced Skah-dee and she personifies strength, courage, and endurance. Her most mentioned attributes are her bow and skis as she is very skilled at using them both to hunt and to engage in battle.
- Individually handcrafted presentation box in Swedish Walnut, handcrafted by Kanevad workshop in old Linköping
- Case: 44.5mmx10mm (5ATM)
- Lug width: 22mm
- Glass: Flat sapphire glass with double sided AR coating, extra hard on outside
- Movement: Soprod Chronometre grade 6498 with screwed balance. Bridges made from one solid piece of damascus steel handforged by Johan Gustafsson and machined by Patrik Sjögren.
- Dial: Three-layered dial with premium white mother-of-pearl on top and a thick layer of Swiss Super-LumiNova below for the best available afterglow and colored luminescence. The luminescent material is enclosed by a thin rhodinated brass plate with hand-soldered dial feet. The dials have a EU design protection and are manufactured and assembled by hand in the GoS workshop.
- Bezel: Black damascus steel made from stainless damascus steel – with GoS deep black PVD coating.
- Index ring/rehaut: Two layers combining previous GoS design with inspiration from viking bracelets. The upper ring and the GoS logo are gold plated.
- Hands: GoS spear shape in Johan Gustafsson´s handforged damascus steel, manufactured by Patrik Sjögren. The hands have a high contrast finishing on the upper surface and handpolished bevels.
- Crown: GoS design in handsculpted stainless damascus steel with a large goldfitted blue sapphire 7.5mm in diameter and with double gaskets.
- Case: Case ring in black damascus steel made from stainless damascus steel provided by Swedish masters from Damasteel and reworked by GoS. Industry-strength PVD coating by ionbond Sweden, in Linköping. Case back, glass ring and lugs from 18k gold – all handmade in Linköping Sweden.
- Strap: Handcrafted and tapered 22-20mm strap in glossy Alligator (optional premium Moose leather) and fitted with premium GoS 20mm Swiss made folding buckle in 18k gold
- Every watch engraved with No.X/5 to indicate unique number within the limited edition.
- Five year guarantee