The Sarek Trollius introduce another layer of artistic complexity with an engraved piece and gold accents. The watch is a result of a collaboration with Swedish artisan Anders Hedlund, who is regarded to be one of the world´s best knifemakers and engravers.
Anders Hedlund suggested the use of polished 24k gold pins, which is something premium knifemakers use to embellish their work. The working-name of the new watch became Sarek Trollius as Trollius Europaeus is a flower with yellow buds that is common in the Sarek National Park of northern Sweden. The scrollwork for the watch is similar to the petals of the Trollius flower and the gold pins emulate the yellow buds. Patrik Sjögren learned the technique to be able to introduce gold pins onto the dial as well.
- Case: 43.5 x 9mm (5ATM) (stainless steel – available in 18k gold on special order)
- Lug width: 22mm
- Glass: Domed sapphire glass with double sided AR coating, extra hard on outside
- Movement: Soprod A10 with GoS triskele rotor, engraved and rhodinized with an additional handfinished counter weight in damascus steel. The triskele is fully engraved with Trollius leaf scroll.
- Dial: Johan Gustafsson´s wildflower pattern, machined and finished in the GoS workshop to achieve a high contrast result
- Bezel: A perpetual Trollius leaf scroll on stainless steel.
- Index ring/rehaut: Two layers combining previous GoS design with inspiration from viking bracelets. The upper ring and the GoS logo are gold plated. Handmade pins from 24k gold are fitted in the center of each hour index.
- Hands: GoS spear shape in high gloss polished gold plated finish. Handmade in handforged damascus steel available as bespoke option.
- Crown: GoS design in highgloss polished with satinized grooves. It is 7mm in diameter and has double gaskets.
- Case finishing: Stainless steel, worked and finished with inspiration from viking bracelets. Handmade pins from 24k gold are fitted in each elliptic groove of the case ring. The case back and lug sides are deep engraved with Trollius leaf scroll.
- Strap: Handcrafted and tapered 22-20mm in black moose leather with Swiss made stainless steel GoS deployant buckle.
- Every watch engraved with “Sarek 1/1” to indicate that every watch is a unique piece in addition to a serial number.
- Five year guarantee